The LifeStraw Flex with Gravity Bag allows you to filter 1 gallon of water at a time by utilizing gravity rather than pumping. Simply fill the durable bag with water from a water source such as a stream, lake or reservoir, hang it somewhere s, and let the filter go to work. The ultra-light system (6.94 oz) filters out bacteria, parasites, microplastics and organic chemical matter (like pesticides) at a flow rate of 0.5 L / minute with virtually no effort. Fill water bottles or drink directly from the straw while you're camping, traveling, or during emergencies.
LifeStraw Flex with Gravity Bag features:
- Provides protection against heavy metals including lead as well as bacteria, parasites, microplastics and organic chemical matter like pesticides and herbicides
- Ultralight with high output, weighs only 6.94 oz., and capable of filtering one liter every two minutes
- This product gives back: one product, one school child, one year of clean water
- Filtration technology: Hollow-fiber microfiltration membrane (0.2 microns) paired with a carbon-fiber filter
- Microbiological filter capacity: 500 gallons (2,000 liters). Pores clog over time as the filter is used; reaching end of life when water cannot pass through.
- Carbon filter capacity: 25 gallons (100 liters). With frequent use, it is recommended to change filter every three months.
- Filter Size: 6.24 x 1.5 in
- Hose length: 27.56 in
- Gravity bag material: TPU laminated with 210-denier nylon fabric
- BPA free
- Replaceable carbon filter available
How it works:
- The Stage 1 hollow-fiber membrane removes 99.999999% of bacteria (E. coli); 99.999% of parasites (Giardia, Cryptosporidium, etc.); and 99.999% of microplastics
- The Stage 2 activated-carbon capsule reduces lead and other heavy metals; chlorine; and organic chemical matter. Improves taste and odor (Of the water, not your trail companion.)