One of the industry's first lumbar packs, the Mountainsmith Day Lumbar Pack is known for its function-first design. After 40+ years in the line, Mountainsmith revamped this classic built with Delta Wing Compression and added more functionality for efficient storage on and off trail.
The lumbar pack that started the craze in the 80s, the Day pack lives on in its modern incarnation as a favorite of hikers and outdoor-minded travelers. With a broad swath of versatile uses, this pack tends to become a cherished possession in every outdoor enthusiast’s gear closet. However, it does not stay there long as it gets used daily as a hiking pack, disc golf bag, messenger bag, office briefcase, carry on travel solution, diaper bag, and whatever you can think of. Built with ultra-durable ripstop Nylon fabric, the Day lumbar pack will become your outdoor security blanket as it logs countless miles adventuring with you around the world. Though the design honors the 40+ year history of this waist pack and has not changed much in shape, modern features make this version of the Day the best yet. Mountainsmith has heard this product used for just about anything including a 3 day backpacking trip in the Sierras. Where will this fanny pack take you? To bring you peace of mind for your backcountry investment, Mountainsmith offers a lifetime warranty on their products. If you have had a Day pack in your lifetime, you already know how useful it can be. If not, what are you waiting for?
Mountainsmith Day Lumbar Pack Features:
- Tuck-away waist belt with forward pull adjustment webbing
- Front stash pocket with elastic cord compression
- Strapette compatible (sold separately)
- Interior foam padded sleeve for tablet carry
- Smartphone compatible waist belt pockets (Fits plus sized phones)
- Free Flow ridged EVA back panel padding
- Backpanel stash pocket ideal for securing passport, boarding pass, etc.
- Delta Wing Compression System load adjustment
- Side reinforced bottle pockets (fits up to 32oz/1L)
- Inner Sanctum interior zippered compartment for small valuables
- Bright yellow liner promotes visibility
- Zippered front panel pocket with key clip
- Bottom panel compression straps
- Removable 1.5” shoulder strap
- Headphone port
- Waistbelt Fit: 28” - 48”
- Materials: 420 Oxford Nylon, 420 HD Nylon Ripstop, YKK Zipper, 210d Nylon Liner
- Dimensions: 13” x 12” x 6” (L x H x D)
- Volume: 800 in3 / 13 Liters
- Weight: 1.75 lbs / 0.79 kg