Countless hours, thousands of miles, a hundred beers, and one giant beard later and we are proud to introduce the ZERK 40. Co-designed with The Real Hiking Viking, a renowned thru-hiker with thousands of hiking miles under his belt, the ZERK 40 pack stands alone as the ideal combination of weight, durability, comfort, and accessibility.
The Zerk 40 was recently awarded The Best Fast and Light Pack by The Trek.
Mountainsmith Zerk 40 Backpack Features:
- 1.5” removable waistbelt
- Large main compartment holds up to 40 liters of gear
- Roll top closure with side compression SR buckles. Opposing SR buckles for self-closing roll top
- Side compression straps for securing load throughout entire pack
- Large side water bottle pockets with angled opening to easily remove and insert items while on the go
- Expansive front mesh pocket for hauling bulky gear
- Large mesh side stash pockets with angled opening for easy reach
- Reflective screen printing and cord loops for low light visibility
- Front cord loops can be configured with bungee cord (included)
- Removable interior laser cut frame sheet (EVA Atilon) allows for rigidity and airflow
- Extra wide shoulder straps with adjustable sternum strap (includes safety whistle)
- 4 Large mesh front pockets on shoulder straps (2 per side)
- EVA foam padded shoulder straps
- Removable bear canaster and accessory over-top webbing straps with SR buckle closure
- Front panel bungee attachment system
- 210d EXTREEMA Recycled Nylon Ripstop (UHMPE)
- Recycled 210d nylon SD oxford
- Nylon 100D x Span 840D stretch mesh
- 18.5" x 11.75" x 5.75"
- Waistbelt max 48"
- Torso range 16" - 19"
- Up to 30lbs
- 1lb 13oz with accessories, 1lb 11oz without accessories