The Rab Ascent 500 is a versatile bag with a comfortable, wide mummy fit. Filled with 500g of 650FP goose down and with space for wearing additional layers if needed, this bag can be used in cool temperatures. Ideal for two season use and spring conditions similar to those in the UK, New Zealand or Scandinavia.
The Ascent is built with a lightweight and durable, recycled Pertex Quantum outer fabric and recycled nylon lining. It has trapezoid shaped, boxwall baffles that stack neatly together, encouraging the hydrophobic duck down inside to loft fully and reducing the appearance of cold spots. Hand-filled in the UK, all our down bags benefit from never having had their down compressed before use, maintaining the down’s loft and warmth.
The generous mummy fit with wide foot box provide a spacious feel for an easy night’s sleep, and the close-fitting neck baffle keeps the heat in when the temperature drops. It has a ¾ length main zip with a down filled baffle to keep out the draught.
Practicalities are taken care of with an internal zipped stash pocket that easily fits a phone or a headlamp, a cotton storage sack, and a compression stuff sack to ensure a manageable pack size and protection on the road. Exploring with a partner or want extra space? Pick up a left and a right zipped bag and you can zip them together.
Rab Ascent 500 Ink Right Zip Features:
- 1060g / 37.5oz
- Comfort 0°C(32°F)Limit -6°C(21°F), Extreme -23.5°C(-10°F)2
- Pertex Quantum outer fabric
- 650FP R.D.S. Certified European Duck Down
- Rab Fluorocarbon free Hydrophobic Down developed in conjunction with Nikwax
- Wide mummy shape
- Proportionally assigned differential cut
- Internal YKK 3 coil zipped stash pocket
- Wide foot area for extended comfort
- ¾ length YKK 5 coil main zip with noctilucent puller
- Anti-snag bonded zip guard
- Left and right hand zips available
- Internal collar and hood drawcord
- Close fitting neck baffle design
- Trapezoidal baffle chamber design
- Angled foot box
- Compression stuff sack
- Cotton storage sack
- Temperature tested to new European standard EN13537: 2012
- Filled in Derbyshire UK